Flo”s Summer Bowtie Pasta Salad
by Andrea Watman
This is my favorite summer pasta salad. It makes a great picnic lunch or dinner and it’s a perfect addition to any summer buffet.
1 Lb DeCecco Bow Tie Pasta (Farfalle)
1 Whole Bulb Fresh Garlic
½ Cup Zabar’s California Olive Oil
1 bunch Fresh Basil
1 bag Ripe Cherry Tomatoes
1 Lb Boconccini (Fresh Mozzarella Balls)
Salt& Pepper to Taste
1. Cook the Bow Tie Pasta in salted water according to the directions on the box (9 – 11 minutes). The Pasta should be al dente – not over cooked.
2. Drain well.
3. Clean and slice garlic.
4. Place the olive oil in a small sauce pan, add sliced garlic and slowly heat until garlic is tender and golden, do not allow to burn – do this at a low temperature and be a little patient.
5. Put warm pasta in a large bowl – add heated oil and garlic and toss.
6. Rinse tomatoes and cut in half. Add to pasta.
7. Cut fresh basil into thin strips. Add to pasta.
8. Add bocconcini (if you can not find bocconcini you can cut a fresh mozzarella into small pieces).
9. Add salt and pepper to taste.
10. Serve and enjoy.