Skillet Rosemary Chicken
Courtesy of Food Network Magazine
Inactive Prep Time:
* 3/4 pound small red-skinned potatoes, halved, or quartered if large
* Kosher salt
* 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus 1 tablespoon leaves
* 1 clove garlic, smashed
* Pinch of red pepper flakes
* Juice of 2 lemons (squeezed halves reserved)
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 4 skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
* 10 ounces cremini mushrooms, halved
Preheat the oven to 450. Cover the potatoes with cold water in a saucepan and salt the water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until tender, about 8 minutes; drain and set aside.
Pile the rosemary leaves, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and the red pepper flakes on a cutting board, then mince and mash into a paste using a large knife. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and the olive oil. Add the chicken and turn to coat.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, skin-side down, cover and cook until the skin browns, about 5 minutes. Turn the chicken; add the mushrooms and potatoes to the skillet and drizzle with the juice of the remaining lemon.
Add the rosemary sprigs and the squeezed lemon halves to the skillet; transfer to the oven and roast, uncovered, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin is crisp, 20 to 25 minutes.
Per serving: Calories 413; Fat 23 g (Saturated 5 g); Cholesterol 87 mg; Sodium 1,055 mg; Carbohydrate 19 g; Fiber 2 g; Protein 32 g
* Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Printed from FoodNetwork.com on Mon Sep 20 2010
© 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved
Advertisement will not be printed
PUT A BIT OF WHITE WINE AND CHICKEN STOCK IN PAN AT THE END TO MAKE A BIT OF SAUCE THIS IS DELICIOUS