Roasted Shrimp Cocktail
2008, Barefoot Contessa Back to Basics, All Rights Reserved
Inactive Prep Time:
6 to 8 servings
For the shrimp:
* 2 pounds (12 to 15-count) shrimp
* 1 tablespoon good olive oil
* 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
* 1/2 cup chili sauce (recommended: Heinz)
* 1/2 cup ketchup
* 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
* 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
* 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. Place them on a sheet pan with the olive oil, salt, and pepper and spread them in 1 layer. Roast for 8 to10 minutes, just until pink and firm and cooked through. Set aside to cool.
For the sauce, combine the chili sauce, ketchup, horseradish, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce. Serve as a dip with the shrimp.
Printed from FoodNetwork.com on Wed Jun 02 2010
© 2010 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Advertisement will not be printed