Potato Kugel Recipe
This potato kugel is especially wonderful for Hanukkah. It has all the flavor and deliciousness of potato latkes but takes only half the work.
6 large eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
4 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
8 medium russet potatoes
2 medium onions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Grease 9 x 13 baking dish.
3. Thoroughly mix eggs, oil, flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
4. Peel and coarsely grate potatoes and onions in a food processor. Let stand 5 minutes, then divide the mixture into 3 to 4 batches. Wrap each in a kitchen towel and squeeze out the excess liquid.
5. Add the potato-onion mixture to the eggs and mix by hand until incorporated.
6. Pour into greased baking dish and bake uncovered until brown and a toothpick, or knife, inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 1 hour.