Olive Garden Style Chicken and Gnocchi Soup Recipe #348802
This is very close to the Olive Garden soup. There’s another recipe on the web which was the basis of this recipe, however I have changed it to use less cream. Still tastes good! I did end up using a little cornstarch to thicken. I guess you could sub heavy cream for the half and half to make it a little thicker without using cornstarch. The gnocchi is usually in the spaghetti section of the grocery store.
by Anne G.
35 min | 10 min prep
SERVES 8 -10
* 3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
* 4 cups chicken stock
* 2 cups half-and-half
* 1 stalk celery, diced
* 1 garlic clove, chopped
* 1/2 carrot, shredded
* 1/2 onion, diced
* 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 teaspoon thyme
* salt and pepper
* 16 ounces potato gnocchi
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
1. Saute the onion, celery, onion, garlic, carrot in oil over medium heat until onion is translucent.
2. Add chicken, chicken stock, half and half, salt and pepper, thyme. Heat to boiling, then add gnocchi. Gently boil for 4 minutes, then turn down to a simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Add spinach and cook for another 1-2 minutes until spinach is wilted.
4. (Heat to boiling and add cornstarch dissolved in 1-2 Tbsp water at this point if you want a thicker soup.).
5. Ladle into bowls and serve!
© 2009 Recipezaar. All Rights Reserved. http://www.recipezaar.com
Share your experience with