Crunchy Noodle Salad
2006, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved
Inactive Prep Time:
Level: THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* Kosher salt
* 1/2 pound thin spaghetti
* 1 pound sugar snap peas
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
* 1/3 cup soy sauce
* 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
* 1 tablespoon honey
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
* 3 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds, divided
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded, and thinly sliced
* 4 scallions (with and green parts), sliced diagonally
* 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, bring another large pot of salted water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, return to a boil, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until crisp tender. Lift the sugar snap peas from the water with a slotted spoon and immerse them in a bowl of ice water. Drain.
For the dressing, whisk together the vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, honey, garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds and peanut butter in a medium bowl.
Combine the spaghetti, sugar snap peas, peppers and scallions in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the spaghetti mixture. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and the parsley and toss together.
Printed from FoodNetwork.com on Thu Jul 08 2010
© 2010 Television Food Network, G.P. All Rights Reserved
Advertisement will not be printed