Chianti Braised Short Ribs
3 hours, 30 minutes
3 lbs boneless beef short ribs*
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 medium yellow onions, chopped
4 large garlic cloves, minced
2 cups Chianti wine
1 32-oz can crushed tomatoes
3 cups beef broth
2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
*Your grocery store butcher can cut into individual ribs and de-bone
1. PAT short ribs dry and season with salt and pepper.
2. COAT a large, nonstick pan with olive oil. Sear the short rib pieces over medium-high heat for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until brown. Transfer short ribs to a bowl.
3. ADD onions to pan and cook over medium heat for approximately 3 minutes. Once onions are translucent, add garlic and cook for 1 minute; do not brown. Add Chianti, rosemary, beef broth and tomatoes to the pan one at a time, allowing liquid to partially evaporate before each addition (about 2 minutes).
4. RETURN short ribs to pan, including any juices that might have accumulated in the bowl. Cover and let simmer for 3 hours on low heat to complete the braising process. Remove short ribs from pan and boil the liquid until it is reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
5. RETURN short ribs to pan and heat thoroughly.
6. SERVE with potatoes or risotto and vegetables.
your favorite ttalian to go menu your favorite italian to go menu view menu Olive Garden Gift Cards gift cards,perfect for any occasion purchase online Recipes Explore Recipes and Cooking Videos Visit Recipes
CONTACT US | COMPANY | EMPLOYMENT | COMMUNITY | PRESS | SITE MAP | SEARCH
Our Culinary Inspiration | Ou