Brown Butter-Sauteed Tilapia with Pistachios
Recipe courtesy Aida Mollenkamp
Inactive Prep Time:
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* Salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 4 (3-ounce) tilapia fillets
* 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
* 1 tablespoon canola or peanut oil
* 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
* 4 thin slices lemon, for garnish
* 3 tablespoons roasted, salted shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
Place flour in a shallow dish or resealable plastic bag and season with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets in flour mixture or add to bag, close, and shake to coat.
Place 1 tablespoon of the butter and oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. When it foams, lower heat to medium-low. Shake excess flour off 2 of the fillets, add to pan, and cook until golden brown and crisp, about 2 minutes per side. Remove fillets to a plate and repeat with remaining fillets.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter and cook until it begins to brown. Immediately remove from heat, stir in lemon juice, and pour over fish. Lay a lemon slice over each fillet, sprinkle pistachios over top and serve with mashed or roasted potatoes and a simple green salad.
Printed from FoodNetwork.com on Sat Apr 11 2009
© 2009 Scripps Networks, LLC. All Rights Reserved
Advertisement will not be printed